Birth of a "palace"
Opened in 1962, this manor house (called a palazzu in the local Corsican language), turned hotel was built in 1870 by Nicolas Renucci after his return from a long stay in Puerto Rico.
All evidence ofits rich past has been meticulously guarded by the son of the owner, Jean Renucci, an Architect. On the ground floor, is a chapel with its original ceiling and also a vintage kitchen complete with an imposing, but stately fireplace. Upstairs houses a real jewel: a sumptuous Napoleon III lounge with magnificent golden-highlighted tapestries, making it nearly a museum in and of itself.